Is your washer not spinning? Is it not filling correctly? When you're having washing machine problems, here are a few things to check before you call in the pros!
For a washer that won't spin or agitate:
- Make sure that the switch/knob on the control panel is turned to the appropriate setting.
- Confirm that the button has been pushed all the way in.
- Try testing the switch itself using a multimeter to see if it needs to be replaced.
For a washer that isn't filling with hot water:
- Using the owner's manual, confirm that hot water should be flowing into your washing machine at that point in the cycle. (Some washers only use hot water for certain cycles; some fill by alternating hot and cold water; the specifics vary greatly from model to model.)
- If hot water should be flowing and it isn't, check the washing machine's water inlet valve. If it is defective, it will need to be replaced.
And, as a reminder, never overload your washing machine! This can create issues with that specific load and lead to permanent damage to your washer. It's just not worth it.
If you have questions or concerns regarding these malfunctions, or if you're ready to get professional washer repair, just give us a call at Reliable Appliance. We'd love to help!