No one loves the annoying sound of a microwave beeping. Chances are you probably don’t need your appliance to confirm every push of a button or let you know that your leftovers are ready when you’re standing right there. After all, no one runs a microwave for more than a few minutes at a time.
Most Colorado Springs residents aren’t aware that they can turn off those repetitious, irritating beeps that get old so quickly. But you can! Here’s what you need to know about those alerts and how you might be able to stop those microwave beeping sounds for good.
Why Your Microwave Is Making Noise
You’ll never be able to completely silence your microwave. Most appliances will always have that “hum” you hear when it is operating. But, what about the microwave beeping sound? In general, you’ll hear this for four reasons:
- You’ve pressed a button on the keypad.
- The appliance is telling you that it’s finished its operation.
- You’ve neglected to open the door after an operation has been completed.
- There is some type of error present with the appliance.
For the most part, the last one is the only area of concern. If your food zapping system has gone awry or there is something wrong with the display, you want to know about it. The normally annoying “beep” would be a good alert to let you know when it’s time to stop using your appliance and call an experienced appliance repair technician to help.
You might like: How To Keep Your Over-The-Range Microwave Running Like New
How to Turn Off the Microwave Beeping Sound
Did you know that many modern microwaves have a “silent mode” that isn’t advertised? This feature allows you to turn off the microwave beeping sound for good. Unfortunately, you won’t see a “silent”’ button on your keypad, and the steps vary by brand and model. Here is what you can do to figure out how to quash those beeps in your kitchen:
- Look at the front of the appliance. Some keypads actually have a “Volume” or “Sound” button that you can push to turn the sound all the way down to nothing.
- Check your manual. Few people like to read directions, but referring to your owner’s manual could save you a ton of time when it comes to silencing your microwave.
- Try the app. Microwaves are evolving, and many smart microwaves can be controlled with an app, such as Alexa or Google Assistant. If so, see if you can silence it this way.
- Go online. Another option is to search your brand and model online, where you might find a video, discussion, or another copy of your owner’s manual to give you the direction you need.
Contact an Experienced Appliance Repair Technician
If you are worried about keeping your microwave quiet, a lot depends on why it’s making noise. Some microwave beeping sounds are alerting you to trouble with your appliance. You should certainly pay attention to these and search Google for an experienced appliance repair technician near me to take a look. At Reliable Appliance in Colorado Springs, we are standing by to diagnose and repair your small appliances or simply let you know if it would make more sense to replace it. Our mission is to give Colorado Springs residents honest, friendly appliance repair service they can rely on.
Read More About Colorado Springs Home Appliance Repair:
How to Find an Appliance Repair Service Near Me